Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2014 – Indore – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: BHEL Bhopal – Debasish Mandal & Vivek Pathak
- RUNNER UP: Connekt Technologies – Tarang and Vikas P
Regional Round Questions:
1.BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economics : In this what is S?
Ans. South Africa
2. Who is this?
Ans. George Lucas of Lucas Film
3. Chaleo Yoovidhya cofounded this famous brand that energised the world. Name the brand.
Ans. Red Bull
Ans. A. R. Rahman
(KM Music Conservatory (KMMC) is a higher education institution founded in 2008 A. R. Rahman Foundation, Liquid Comics owns KM Music Conservatory, A. R. Rahman is the music director of “Slumdog Billionaire”)
5. Poverty and Famines : An Essay on Entitlement and Deprivation is his book and was awarded the 1998 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences. Name him.
Ans. Amartya Sen
6. The Union Home Ministry found a file on sanction to pay India’s first Governor-General , Lord Mountbatten , the princely sum of Rs.64,000 after his term ended in 1948. What was this sanctioned for?
Ans. TA/DA allowance for moving back to his country or Re-location allowance
[Note : On the direction of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Union home ministry is on a cleanliness drive and, in less than a month, has destroyed nearly 1.5 lakh files that had gathered dust for years.]
7. Identify this organization which every quizzer would respect?
Ans. World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
8. Pakistan’s first finance minister Ghulam Mohammed in 1945 started a steel company joining forces with an Indian and headquarters in Mumbai. After the partition, when Mohammed migrated to Pakistan ,this company changed the industry and renamed themselves. What resulted thus?
Ans. Red Cross
( Founder of Red Cross Henri Dunant, Red Crescent emblem used in Muslim countries was first used by ICRC volunteers during the armed conflict between the Ottoman Empire and Russia (1877–1878), Red Lion and Sun Society of Iran)
10. In 1997, which indian bank launched first internet banking “infiniti “?
Ans. ICICI Bank
11. What is showrooming in the retail world?
Ans. It is the practice of examining merchandise in a traditional brick and mortar retail store or other offline setting, and then buying it online, sometimes at a lower price.
12. Identify the logo?
Ans. Bhartiya Mahila Bank
(Ganapathy Dikshitar Subramania Iyer is the founder of Hindu newspaper, Ndtv Hindu TV channel was launched on 16 May 2009 which was owned by NDTV (51%) and The Hindu Group (49%), Hindu commercial comparing with TOI)
14. Which extremely important entity of India is this?
Ans. Survey of India
15.Directed by Oscar winner Daniel Junge and Kief Davidson , ‘Beyond the Bricks’ is a documentary of which brand?
16. This was invented and patented by Professor James ‘Crash’ Ryan from the university of Minnesota and is Orange in colour (message case in ships). What we are talking about?
Ans. Black box
17.Who is this gentleman from world of business behind Nehru?
Ans. G D Birla
18. Which history student from Bombay university became co-founder of “ Himmat Weekly” in 1964, which he edited for ten years?
Ans. R M Lala
Ans. M S Dhoni
(He got a job of a ticket collector in South Eastern Railway, Sourabh Ganguly talking about him, Nagarjuna is a key member of Mahi Racing Team India)
20. Digital currency created in 2009 which follows the ideas set out in a white paper by the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto.
Ans. Bitcoin [Naka Moto currency]
21. Inner Steel is what drives a player to be his best , Every Hit makes him stronger , more resilient and his colours make him play even harder. Steel on the inside ,your colours on the outside. Whose Campaign?
22. Who uses this coding language?
Ans. Mumbai Dhabbawala
23.Cristiano Ronaldo has signed a long term partnership with this brand and joined the brand. He joins Maria Sharapova and Leonardo De Caprio as the brand’s ambassador.
Ans. TAG HEUER
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal