Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Jamshedpur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Tata Motors – Ms. Loveleen Mishra and Bismoy Pati
- RUNNER UP: Tata Steel – Sharath and Ms. Lekshmy
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. In 1792, Henry Walton Smith and his wife Anna established the business as a news vendor in Little Grosvenor Street, London selling newspaper and books. How do we know it better?
Ans. WH Smith
2. Logo of which spark plug company?
Ans. Mico Bosch
3. “Come oh come ye tea-thirsty restless ones- the kettle boils, bubbles and sings, musically.”Which eminent Indian endorsed Lipton tea in 1947 and was not paid for it?
Ans. Rabindra Nath Tagore
4. As it prepares a new regulatory framework for startups and alternative investments, regulator SEBI set up an 18-member panel headed by whom to advise on policy matters? The Alternative Investment Policy Advisory Committee (AIPAC) includes representatives from the industry, private equity firms and start-up organisations, besides senior officials of Sebi, RBI and the Finance Ministry.
Ans. N R Murthy
5. Netdragon of China has set up a company to look like this. What has inspired it?
Ans. Startrek US
6. Ferdinando Innocenti gave the brand name of a line of motor scooters initially manufactured in Milan, Italy. What name?
7. Identify the logo.
8. Who is credited with 8 step process for leading change?
Ans. John Cotter
9. Quote by Walter Chrysler
10. What 3 lettered word is now synonymous with heavy engineering equipment.
It is the world’s third-largest construction equipment manufacturer. Its headquarters is in n Rocester,Staffordshire?
11. Which company on June 20 announced it had reached an agreement to acquire AOL for $50 a share in a deal valued at about $4.4 billion? The telecommunications giant said at the time the acquisition would further its strategy to build out its LTE wireless video and streaming video strategy.
12. The Powerwall is a rechargeable lithium-ion battery product manufactured by the company for home use. It stores electricity for domestic consumption, load shifting, and backup power. Which company?
13. Headlines Today and TV today have merged and changed their names to what entity?
Ans. India Today
14. Identify the personality.
Ans. Rudolf Diesel
15. Identify the logo.
Ans. Bangalore International Airport
16. The giant pediment at the centre is crowned with the statue of Minerva. Named so after the vocation of clerks who would initially work in this building?
Ans. Writers Building
17. He co-authored the 1991 book “The Japan That Can Say No” with politician Shintaro Ishihara, where they criticized American business practices and encouraged Japanese to take a more independent role in business and foreign affairs. Which great inventor and buisness person?
Ans. Akio Morita
18.In April 13, 2015, the market value of X Holdings exceeded US$200 billion for the first time, hitting US$206 billion. On September 8, 2015,it became the largest Internet company in Asia by value after Alibaba Group Holding Limited suffered a major drop ($141 Billion over 10 months) in its share value. Name X.
Ans. Tencent Holdings
Questions contributed by Sneha Ranjan