Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Kolkata – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Mjunction – Debasis Mukherjee and Abhishek Kar
- RUNNER UP: Lafarge India – Aniruddha Sinha and Rishin Chatterjee
Regional Round Questions:
1. Identify the personality.
A. Mike Tyson (Iron Mike Productions)
2. Coined by the famous copywriter Vasant Kumar in the 1980s, the slogan for this brand was “Happy Days are Here Again”. It later changed to its most famous slogan. Identify the brand.
A. Thums Up (Taste the Thunder)
A. ASSOCHAM (initially founded as the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India and Ceylon)
4. Ciba AG licensed the process to manufacture this epoxy resin in the 1940s under a trademark which was later sold off to the Huntsman Corporation. __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
5. Identify the famous mascot he was associated it. [Oral hint: This is Ross Randolph Millhiser. He worked with Leo Burnett on an iconic campaign.]
A. Marlboro Man
6. Tata-owned flagship Taj Hotel has launched a new corner restaurant in Britain which is set to become the new favourite celebrity hangout. The new restaurant takes its name for its positioning at a quiet secluded corner of the Tata Group hotel.
7. The modern history of this term can be traced back to a 1666 event, the effects of which led to the issuing of it. Identify the event & term.
A. Great Fire of London, Insurance
9. A study sponsored by the ministry of heavy industries has recommended monetary incentives of Rs 25,000 for a car and Rs 10,000 for a two-wheeler to do what?
A. To encourage people to offer their vehicles as scrap
10. Why is the person in this ad?
A. Ringo Starr owns Apple Records, this is an ad for a Japanese Apple Juice Brand, Ringo is the Japanese word for Apple.
11. In the Tata Motors terminology/parlance what does WOW mean?
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
A. Warranty On Web
12. This financial formula, list of investors comes from/ (named after) the 8th century BC famous member of the royal house of Phrygia.
13. Identify the personality.
A. Annie Besant
14. Originally launched by W. D. & H. O. Wills in 1894, this brand became less popular when the health effects of tobacco became more widely known; few shops now sell them. It was the favourite of Begum Akhtar. Id the brand.
15. The Jan Jagruti Abhiyaan safety awareness campaign is run by which Tata company?
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
A. Tata Power
16. Peter Longdon runs an [OI] Tata Steel was one of the first companies in the world to sign up for this program. The OI paradigm can be interpreted to go beyond just using external sources such as customers, rival companies, and academic institutions, and can be as much a change in the use, management, and employment of intellectual property as it is in the technical and research driven generation of intellectual property. What is OI?
A. Open Innovation
A. John Nash (Pictures in order: John Harsanyi, Reinhard Selten, Alicia Nash)
18. The Leader’s Way is a unique book born out of a decade of discussion between the author and international management consultant Laurens van den Muyzenberg. The book is about what the best business practices and Buddhist principles have in common, and the teachings Buddhism has to offer to Business Leaders. Who is the author?
A. Dalai Lama
19. This comes from the Latin word for “Paintbrush”. Its structure was determined by Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin in 1945 at Oxford. John Sheehan completed its first chemical synthesis in 1957 at MIT.
20. Give the term or the person. [Oral Hint: Launched in the early 1980s, these are the Vixen and Executive Computers, the sales of which declined due to particular event which led to the coining of the term.]
A. Osborne Effect, Adam Osborne
A. 1947 (all of them established in the year 1947)
22. This company was founded by Travis Kalanick and Garrett Camp in 2009. Following a beta launch in the summer of 2010, its product was officially launched in San Francisco in 2011.
__ __ __ __
23. It was started as a one-off event to connected with the Festival of Britain by a dancehall and catering company called Mecca in 1951. What?
A. Miss World Contest
Questions contributed by Viraj Bake and Rabi Sankar Saha!