Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Lucknow – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Tata Motors – Lokesh and Saud Usmani
- RUNNER UP: NTPC – Sanjit Dutta and Chandan Shahi
Regional Round Questions:
1. Australia’s leading chocolate brand cadbury, created the ‘Joy Generator’- a vending machine that dispenses chocolate flavors based on what?
Ans. A person’s facebook likes and interests.
2.Founded by R Subramanium in 1989, which company pioneered the concept of timeshare vacation. Members pay upfront for holidays for 25 years in India?
Ans. Sterling Holidays
(Robert Downey Jr. Launched HTC’s campaign, High Tech Computer, Founder Cher Wang, HTC’s old logo)
4. William Addis, born in 1734, manufactured what item of daily use using thigh & buttock bones of ox & horsehair?
5.Identify the gentleman & the company he belongs to?
Ans. CEO of Surveymonkey
6. Which American statistician said – “ In God we trust, everybody else brings data?”
Ans. Edward Deming
(Gauhar Khan brand ambassador of Videocon Telecom, Founder Seth Nandalal Dhoot, Deepika also brand ambassador, Partnership with BPCL)
8. Which company was incorporated in January 1921 to build Bombay House?
Ans. The Asscociated Building Company
9. Names this legendary fashion designer who passed away last year?
Ans. Oscar de la Renta
10. Identify this logo of an erstwhile brand?
Ans. Edsel Ford
11. In 1938,Kanhaiya Lal learnt the basics of making what product at the Benaras Hindu University from a Czech couple, invited by Madan Mohan Malviya?
Ans. Benaras Glass Beads
12. Name it.
Ans. Defense Make In India
13. In 1962, Budhichand Maroo, co-founded a circulating book library along with his friend Shethia, how do we know this Business?
Ans. Shemaroo Entertainment
Ans. UC Browser
(A promo song, logo, Yuvi is the brand ambassador, partnership with Vodafone India)
15. According to Malcolm Gladwel, Victor Gruen was the most influential architect of the 20th century. What idea did he pioneer in 1956?
Ans. Shopping Mall
16. What furniture sold by a Union territory as scrap ,sold at auctions in London for millions?
Ans. Corby (Le Corbusier ) Furniture
17. Identify this Indian brand that has gone global
(Designer of swoosh logo, Deepika Padukone brand ambassador, Bill Bowerman prime designer, Rory Mcllory brand ambassador)
19. A US company has come up with an apparel brand named AR Wear that has 132 combination waist lock that only the wearer can take off. What do the letters AR stand for?
Ans. Anti Rape
20. How does Lucknow know “ Bank kothi” or “Hayat Baksh” meaning “life giving” better?
Ans. Raj Bhavan, Lucknow
Questions contributed by Debasish Mandal!