Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Mumbai – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Saregama – Avinash Mudaliar and Siddhartha Banerjee
- RUNNER UP: Tata Industries – Nikhil Sonde and Sharan Makhija
Regional Round Questions:
1. The original idea was by Phillip Davis of the Guardian who set it out as financial terms that make up a country. Stuart Clark gave these utopian countries a name. What?
Ans. The countries were named after the Times New Roman font
2. Managerial style of making hasty decisions when a problem arises
Ken Blanchard’s 1985 book “Leadership and the 1 minute manager” :
“______ fly in, make a lot of noise, dump on everyone and fly out”
Ans. Rajabai Towers (Named after Premchand Roychand’s mother who needed a reminder to have lunch- TCS undertook renovation, Located at the Mumbai University HQ
4. Which Brand’s name originates from “Faulkes De Breaute” and relates to a 13th century hall?
5. What are these wide and flat cases called because of their shape?
Ans. Pizza boxes
6. Which offering from Tata Motors has been called the “Baby jag”?
Ans. The Jaguar XE
7. Which Tata company uses Media Ecosystem to distribute its video content?
Ans. Jahangir Art Gallery
9. A particular aspect of Dilbert is a reference to a phallic symbol few more details provided).
Ans. His tie is always pointing upwards
10. What is it?
Ans. Special Playboy which is safe for use in offices and does not contain nudes
11. This Portal will be owned and managed by Fiona Hypermarket. It is a subsidiary of Trent.
Ans. 24/7 Hypermarket
12. Memorial in Canada. What is it dedicated to?
Ans. Air India Kanishka
13. St George on a horseback, slaying a dragon and Pegasus are the only two alternatives to what famous object?
Ans. Spirit of Ecstasy on Rolls Royce
14. TCS’ own proprietary social platform. Name it.
15. In the 1950s, KR Sundaram Iyer and his nephew K Eswaran started importing British motorcycles. What was this a start of?
Ans. Madras Motors
Ans. Peter’s Principle
17. BJP used local heroes to strengthen the Namo campaign. The advertising firm behind the campaign said:
“The BJP is known as a party with an urban base, so we used technology to market our ideas”.
Which famous project did they use for inspiration?
Ans. Project Shakti by ITC
18. Origin of the name
Ans. Sine+ Alcohol = Without Alcohol
19. 7578 of these objects have been given out till date. Inspired by the gold plated billing artworks in Colorado.In 1990, they were made out in the shape of twisted metal metal alloys. Its Working title- Eddie. What?
Ans. David Ogilvy
21. “The media company for the Social Age”- Jonah Peretti, 2006. Which company?
22.What is so special?
Ans. McDonald’s takeout bag with a sliding tray
Questions contributed by Snehashis Panda.