Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Navi Mumbai – Preliminary Round Questions
WINNER : Idea Forge Technology – Shubhankar Gokhle and Piyush D
RUNNER UP: Kotak Mahindra Bank – Ajitabh J and Samrat Mukherjee
1) Which annual parade associated with a department store started in 1924 and was suspended during WWII?
2) FS Index includes countries like Switzerland, Luxembourg, Hong Kong, Cayman Island, etc. What does FS stand for?
Ans. Financial secrecy
3) Name the tea brand named after this personality?
Ans. Oprah Chai
4) Name the chocolate brand name after him.
5) Some of the other names considered were Pontella, Filosel, Poa, Eido, Mestal, etc. What is the name that was chosen?
6) TAG Heuer’s “Seafarers” had special dials—blue, green and yellow patterns to represent what?
Ans. High and low tides
7) This is a patent for which machine?
Ans. Bread Slicer
8) Which pharmaceutical company’s logo is made up of a capsule and two pills?
9) The origin of the word comes from Persian word for “place of price”. What is the word?
10) It is a term used for business networking while taking physical exercise. What is the term?
11) Which organisation is responsible for cleanliness at Kashi Vishwanath temple?
Ans. Sulabh International
12) Which helmet company was founded by Subhash Kapur?
13) Kolkata based company J Thomas & Co. is in the business of ______ auction.
14) Francisco Hernández de Córdoba gives his name to which country’s currency? (Clue: Name of the country starts with N)
15) V Balakrishnan came out with the idea of Selfie with ________ campaign.
16) In 1882, American Express started what to compete with US Post Office?
Ans. Money Order
17) Question on Domex.
18) In 1864, Webster’s Dictionary officially defined it, referring to it as “a coarse cotton drilling used for overalls, etc.” What term?
Questions contributed by Viraj Morabia