Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – North Zonal Round Questions
- WINNER: Genpact – Rohan Khanna and Leo Thomas
- RUNNER UP: RBS – Pankaj Jain and Abhinav Kishore
North Zonal Round Questions:
1. First established in 1901 by Grant Richards and purchased by the Oxford University Press in 1906, this imprint publishes primarily dramatic and classic literature for students and the general public to popularize literature . What offering from Oxford university press is being talked about?
Ans. Vintage world classics
2. It got its first big break at South by Southwest music festival of 2007. But its importance reached a pinnacle during “miracle on Hudson”,when US Airways Flight 1549made emergency landing on Hudson. Till February 2009, they had 900% growth but zero revenues. What?
3. The establishment of CSIR labs in Jamshedpur in 1946 was generously supported by Tatas in terms of cash and land. What did these labs go on to become?
Ans. National Metallurgical Laboratory
4. Kishore Biyani led Future group acquired this company that owned brands like Kara Wet Wipes, Puretta. Which company? (5 letter word)
Ans. All these brand have used rhinoceros in their brand identities some time in their journey
6. Started by these two brothers in Germany, famous in India since last 2 decades in terms of tractors first and now in other vehicles also..–give their surname?
7. Which entity from Sri Lanka that owns Watawala plantations is in news and why?
Ans. Sunshine holding corporation, Tata Coffee has taken over Watawala plantation
8. French shoppers have become the first to experience a new LED lighting system that sends special offers and location data to their smartphones. This has been designed by Carrefour and which huge lighting company?
9. Identify this person who is a figurehead and consumer rights activist in India?
Ans.Bindu Madhav Joshi
10. Queen Mary 2,Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth will perform a choreographed “river dance” as part of events to mark the 175th anniversary of this company’s first trans- Atlantic crossing. Which company?
11. Connect to a person.
Ans. Sepp Blatter
12. In the end, credits of “Wreck-It-Ralph” (2012) the logo gets taken over by video game code. 2010’s “TRON: Legacy” replaced it with “The Grid,” where the programs reside in the film. What are talking about?
Ans. Disney’s sleeping beauty castle logo at the end of the movies
13. What is Price Anchoring by J.C. Penney?
Ans. Price anchoring is putting price points like 499, 599 where customer feels he is saving something paying less than the 100 round figure. Customers will feel they’re getting a great value and you’ll generate higher sales.
14. Who is the author?
15. First major commercial vehicles to be designed at Tata motors pune premises were 1210 Semi forward Control cabs and the 1516 SFC can for Tata trucks. Which research centre created this?
Ans. Mercedes Research Centre
Ans. Sultan of Brunei (Special Gurkha Cigars made for him, has largest fleet of Rolls Royce, Made his entire fortune doing busines with Shell, owns Dorchester Hotels of London)
17. Lewis Edison started Ideal pen company. How do we know it better today?
Ans. Waterman pens
18. Identify the lingerie brand which was launched in India recently. Apparently their advertising spend is pegged at $2 Million.
19. Demi, Serieux and Formidable—with which traditional product in France would you associate them with ?
Ans. Size of beers in France
20. This executive with a background in managing Asia business of a huge American Music company bought an airline company from the government of the country for worth of 26 cents and a huge debt. He turned it around and is now regarded as giant in the sector. Who?
Ans. Tony Fernandes
21. This is the interior of Café Parisian where only a certain sect of VIPs were allowed. Where was it located?
22. Daimler has partnered with which mobile phone chipmaker to come up with a clever idea of wirless charging? (Hint: 8 letter word)
23. Eric Schmidt admitted that when somebody wore a particular dress to an awards show in 2000, so many people were searching for it online that Google decided to create a special application to search images also.Who wore it?
Ans. JLO’s green Versace dress
24. 2015 is the 100th anniversary of an iconic product that was originally produced in German green colour. It also came on time magazine cover.
Ans. Coke Hobble Skirt Bottle
Ans. Lala Lajpat Rai founded them all
Questions contributed by Soubhagya Jena