Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Pune – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER: Infosys – Gaurav Parab and Mehul Jain
- RUNNER UP: Tata Motors – Raghav Saxena and Arindam Pal
Regional Round Questions:
1.Identify this PSU.
Ans. Fresh n Healthy Enterprises
2. “Honestly, my interest at that stage was not promoting or learning English. I was young and looking to make money. The offer meant I was going to make some money and also, as I realized later, inspire many like me to try and learn a new language. This product, priced at Rs.150 and more than 25 million products sold. Launched as a CD in 1976 and used by PM, G.Z Singh. Identify the sportsman and Product.
Ans. Rapidex- Kapil Dev
Ans. Shakespeare (1. Shakespeare & Company bookshop owner is talking here 2. Romeo & Julietta cigars 3. Shakespeare programming language 4. Lord Chamberlain’s Men: Shakespeare theater company.)
4. This is a common trick played , where a customer buys a cocktail dress, wears it once, manages to look dazzling for a few hours and then returns the dress. All this, while ensuring to get back a full refund. How do we better know this trick?
Ans. Jagdish Seth
6. Helped by Amar Chitra Katha, Tata Asset Management had obtained license to use Suppandi. Here a new character helps Suppandi deal with everyday issues including banking, finance and savings. Who is this character?
Ans. Prof. Simply Simple
7. This is the Maori symbol for Koru. The leaf represents new life and growth along with strength and peace. It has prominent presence in which entity?
Ans. Air New Zealand
Ans. Sherlock Holmes (1. The Strand Magazine where Sherlock Holmes first published 2. used Webley bulldog revolver 3. listed in Guinness book (video is for performing with maximum no. of hula hoop in the record) 4. His bankers were Capital & Counties Bank)
9. This term has multiple origins. In Dutch it would mean ‘swamp’. Its other sources: This term was were in Paris and they were called marché aux puces, it is named after Siphonaptera, that infested all the upholstery.
Ans. Flea or Flea Market
Ans. San Miguel
11. Name this Tata Brand that partnered major teams in World Sailing. It all started with Cowes Week 1988.
Ans. Land Rover
12. Going back to 18th Century Bengal, A permit was issues that allowed for a levy against paying normal customs duty for Officials of The British East India Company. Its origins lie in the Persian word for “Pass”. This concept was started by Robert Clive. What is this free trade permit known as? How do we know it today?
Ans. Amartya Sen
14. Giganomics has its origins in bad labour markets. Giganomics is the branch of social with the impact of entrepreneurial activity across a specific market.What exactly does Giganomics mean?
Ans. Combining multiples skills, talents and abilities to generate income for living
15. Name India’s only free DTH Service.
Ans. DD Direct
Ans. Abduction of Business Personalities (1. Theo Albrecht 2. John Paul Getty III 3. Freddy Heineken all were kidnapped 4. Roja was based on abduction)
17. A company called ROMEC, established in 1989 in the UK, through a Joint venture with Haden Buss & Co. Engaged in producing something termed by English legislation as ‘Street Furniture’ What is maintained by Romec Ltd?
Ans. Telephone Boxes in London
18. This Tata Company a leading infrastructure brand in India partnered with Brookefield.
Ans. Tata Housing
19. What made its debut in 2000 at the bottom of North West corner of the Conde Nast Building, 4 Times Square?
Ans. Nasdaq MarketSite
Ans. Globalisation Index (1. Coined by Theodore Levitt 2. Peter Drucker called it a psychological phenomenon 3. KOF publishes the annual globalization index for countries 4. Harvard business Review published it.)
21. Gaurav Singh founded a film news site in 2006, aged 27. This Bolywood news site was his first major project and it was acquired by Flipkart after becoming a major hit. He continued experimenting till he went on to found BlueStone.com
Name the Bollywood News Website he founded. Hint: Rhymes with a childrens comic book
22. Best selling Corporation named after this map.
23. The logo derived from a ‘yantra, a perfect mathematical form that reflects the unbounded universe.Which brand is this?
Questions contributed by Nikhil Joy! Additions meticulously contributed by Debasish Mandal.