Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Raipur – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: BSP SAIL: Manoj Kumar Prasad and Sanjay Shamkuwar
- RUNNER UP: BSP SAIL: Chandrashekar and Ramani
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. What is commonly used in presentations, to create movement and animated style.
Answer: Flash Animation
2. ____________ was independently introduced at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair by Ernest A. Hamwi, a Syrian concessionaire. Loved by children very much.
Answer: Ice Cream Cone
3. What was commonly known as “PAD” in India during the 1970’s/80’s.
Answer: Premier Padmini
4. Identify the airways. Now closed.
Answer: Damania Airways
5. He founded the UEducation Pvt. Ltd., an online education company. Was the well known media baron. He exited the company he founded and in the process he also exited media and entertainment sector.
Answer: Ronnie Screwvala
6. This means wide open spaces in Sanskrit. Which brand name are we talking about.
7. Their games were primarily developed for DOS systems, but they also developed games for Apple II, Commodore 64, NES, and PC-98 computers. What?
8. This company has changed the rules about online marketing and has taken the world by storm.
9. What in internet terms does TIL stands for?
Answer: Today I Learnt
10. X is an international company, limited by shares, owned by central banks, carries out its work through subcommittees, the secretariats it hosts and through an annual general meeting of all member. Name X?
Answer: Bank of International Settlements
11. Question on Scotch tapes
12. _______ had a long history as a popular folk medicine among Nordic and Scottish fishermen. This was sufficient encouragement for the trawler owners of Hull to invest in the commercial production of this – essentially a by-product of the fishing industry.What are we talking about?
Answer: Seven Seas Cod Liver Oil
13. Question on Market research firm Nielsen
14. In 1876, three partners founded the company _________in Aachen. The company’s product was a laundry detergent based on sodium silicate, which they named Universal-Waschmittel. Contrary to all similar products, which at that time were sold loose, this heavy-duty detergent was marketed in handy packets. Name the brand now a world leader in Detergents? (Hint: German)
15. Volkswagen owns this commercial bus manufacturing company. Recently launched its manufacturing in India?
16. ______ was started by James Jannard in 1975 out of his garage with an initial investment of $300. The name “__________” came from Jim’s English Setter. Manufactures sports performance equipment and lifestyle pieces including sunglasses, sports visors, ski/snowboard goggles, watches, apparel, backpacks, shoes, optical frames, and other accessories. Most items are designed in house at their head office, but some countries hold exclusive designs relevant to their market. ____currently holds more than 600 patents for eyewear, materials, and performance gear.
17. He is the founder of?
18. In finance, _______ is buying or creating an asset with the expectation of capital appreciation, dividends (profit), interest earnings, rents, or some combination of these return.
19. Which brand has its logo a mountain of this product?
20. Question on Sonalika.
Questions contributed by Mohibbul Hussain