Tata Crucible Campus Edition 2015 – Mumbai – Regional Round Questions
- WINNER : DJ Sanghvi – Mohit and Snehasish Panda
- RUNNER UP : KJ Somaiya – Gaurav Dutta and Trimurti Gupta
Regional Round Questions:
1. Identify the brand name. (_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
A. Antonio Banderas
2. Identify the brand.
A. Rafael Nadal
3. Started by Golcha Properties in 1958, this place in Mumbai had guests like Dilip Kumar, Madhubala , Meena Kumari to name a few. It went into liquidation in 1970s as the owners defaulted on municipal taxes and rent. On November 3rd, 1975 Manoj Desai bought it from the Jodhpur Court. What?
A. Maratha Mandir
4. What was created by Mr. Pietro in the 1940s by adding hazlenuts to the combination to increase the life of the cocoa which was in short supply due to World War II rationing ?
5. The Friar Club started in 1904 as “The Press Agents” association. This club members had a bawdy behaviour during dinner and to chanelise it productively, in 1949, with Maurice Chevalier as the guest of hour, they created the world’s first. What ?
6. Identify the brand.
7. This Citroen car is named after which Spanish person?
A. Pablo Picasso
8. Secretly owned by a crime family , with Harold Saxon as the CEO, Path-E-Tech Management was created from the merger of Path-Way Electronics and E-Tech Management. This company has only four divisions :- Marketing, HR, Engineering and Shipping. Who is their most famous engineer?
9. In 1993, Bal Krishan , a Ludhiana based London businessman gave his 18 year old son an ultimatum either to run the family restaurant or to prove himself . The son with a credit limit of 2000 Pound on his credit card went to Nepal and took Pashmina shawls to Britain and made 20 million pounds in the first year. Who?
A. Raj Kundra
10. Who is the owner of this company?
A. Roman Abramovich
A. Henry Overton Wills III
A. Tata Memorial Centre
13. Where would you come across this?
A. Liverpool FC
15. What in the world we live are ‘Null Stern Hotels’?
A. Nuclear Bunkers
16. With Rufous Bellied, Spangled, Blue- Bellied and Laughing as the four main types. Which bird in the news in 2015 known as “The Bushman’s Clock” is used in Disney theme parks because of the laughter sounds it makes?
17. Started in 1866 by publisher Schlicht & Field Company as a family journal of fashion, household décor, cooking, and other domestic interests. Which company came up with a range of yogurt brands in 1999 which failed miserably and was forced off the shelves in 2000? ( _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
18. Question mentioning the Little Black Dress with the answer being Audrey Hepburn.
19. What brand’s name meaning “Sounded” gets its name for an instrumental soloist, often with a piano accompaniment, typically in several with three sections?
20. Question mentioning the Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company with the answer being Eight O’Clock Coffee.
Questions contributed by Viraj Morabia!