Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – Kolkata – Preliminary Round Questions
- WINNER: Mjunction – Debasis Mukherjee and Abhishek Kar
- RUNNER UP: Lafarge India – Aniruddha Sinha and Rishin Chatterjee
Preliminary Round Questions:
1. Identify this stock broker, post impressionist artist who returned to France in 1871.
A. Paul Gauguin
2. Fill in the blanks:
Claudia Schiffer: “In order to become a ______ _______one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls”.
A. Supermodel or super model
3. Which former insurance broker, inventor published a “Pen Pamphlet” ad invented a machine with 5 pens to sign 5 cheques simultaneously?
4. Identify the personality.
A. Hillary Clinton
5. Identify this lady who failed her Std. XI exams but went to establish a big cosmetics business, which was inspired by the Tahitian and Polynesian Spa rituals.
A. Anita Roddick
6. Identify this patent holder whose patent description filed in 1876 reads (The method of producing undulations in a continuous voltaic current by the vibration or mot-ion of bodies capable of inductive action, or by the vibration or motion of the conductingwim itself, in the neighborhood of such bodies, as set forth. )
A. Alexander Graham Bell
7. Kurkdjian, Cartier, Miller Harris, Roja Dove, Blaise Mautin and Atelier are the top rated perfumes in this category in 2009 Forbes list. Id the category.
A. Bespoke Perfumes
8. Identify the brand.
9. What is the brand of Golf balls preferred by Auric Goldfinger in the 1964 film Goldfinger? This brand also manufactured tennis balls.
10. This was erected by Western Neon in 1959 in Clark County, Nevada. What? The answer is more than one word, rather a line.
A. Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign
11. Naguib Mahfouz’s 1947 novel Midaq Alley is set in this famous market and tourist attraction in Egypt. Id the location.
A. Khan Al Khaleeli Market
12. Identify this daughter of a famous media personality of Kolkata. She was a publisher with Penguin RandomHouse.
A. Chiki Sarkar
13. William Stanley Jevons famously summarized this economic term in a couplet as
_____ is a matter of functions four,
A Medium, a Measure, a Standard, a Store
14. The logo of this vodka brand featuring a wolf howling at a crescent moon represents the Persian name for the country, Virshan, meaning “land of the wolf”.
15. Beneath the foundation stone of this entity lies a document on which is written: “Si vis pacem, cole justitiam.” If you desire peace, cultivate justice. Identify this entity.
16. Identify this person.
A. MAM Ramaswamy
17. Identify this trading company which operated till 1979 and played a crucial role in increasing the world trade. Their motto reads: The Land Divided, The World United.
A.Panama Canal Company
18. _____ _____ bonds signify the most basic or standard version of a financial instrument which is also a default flavor of ice cream.
A. Plain Vanilla
19. This illustrious Indian is the author of AIDS Sutra. Not many know that this person was on the editorial board for the Encyclopedia Britannica between 2002 – 2006. Who is this Indian?
A. Amartya Sen
20. Identify the author.
A. Seth Klarman
Questions contributed by Viraj Bake and Rabi Sankar Saha.