*Tata Crucible Corporate Edition 2015 – West Zonal Round Questions
- WINNER: Saregama – Avinash Mudaliar and Siddhartha Banerjee
- RUNNER UP: L&T – Ms. Tamanna and Nisarg
West Zonal Round Questions:
1. _____ & I- Raff Simons. Its Tagline is Irrestible.
2. It was played by animal called Shepton Dash who was of the Old English sheep dog breed.Which famous character?
Ans. Dulux Dog
3. Setup in 1981, ___ bank is the Japanese for bank of software. Name it.
4. Ryan Cardell made use of virality to republish poems, write-ups etc printed in other forms of media which gave rise to a certain term. Which term?
5. Coined in the 1560s, pertaining to public revenue. It is theLatin word for state treasury and originates from “money bag,purse,basket and twig”. What term?
6. DK Jain from Amritsar,Punjab moved to New Delhi and set up a pen manufacturing factory. How do we know the company?
7. On 30th January,1948, Sri Lankan Radio stopped broadcasting for a whole day, for the only time in their history. Why?
Ans. In rembrance of Mahatma Gandhi
8. Lifetime says it’s the first instance of marketing using audio sensory tech in the MTA subway. What is being advertised?
Ans. Secrets of Marilyn Monroe- the famous billowing skirt scene
Ans. Yogi Berra
11. Name it.
13. Known as “Pill-Man”. Identify him.
Ans. Carl Djerassi, father of the birth control pill
14. Identify. He is also known as “The Undercover Economist”.
Ans. Tim Harford
Ans. America’s Cup Hall of fame
16. Question on Kannan Devan and Tata Global Beverages
17. In November 2014, this man insured something that put him among the A-listers. What?
Ans. He has insured his tongue as he is a top tea/coffee taster
Ans. Museum of Modern art
19. Identify this person associated with “Performance enhancement”.
Ans. Malcom Gladwell
20. Roy Export and Bubbles Inc helped which celebrity?
Ans. They helped Charlie Chaplin to shift
21. Edward and Cecilia Atkins are a coupke. In 1982, she was warming bottled milk and her husband offered to help with the bottle and teat made by Cannon Rubber. Name this brand owned by Phillips.
22. Connect. Rajasthan, Goa, Dubai and Andhra Pradesh.
Ans. Location of BITS campuses- Pilani, Goa, Dubai and Hyderabad
23. Prabuddha Bharati, an English daily is in publication since 1896. It featured a line by JRD Tata- “ The making of a prosperous nation depends upon the qualities of its youth”. Who started this newspaper?
Ans. Swami Vivekanand
24. Connect question on Jagermeister